What is CDPAP?
Our Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) enables self-directed consumers and/or advocates to recruit, interview, hire, train, schedule, supervise, and dismiss Personal Assistants of their choice.
Self-directed consumers assess needs, determine how, and by whom these needs should be met, and monitor the quality of services received. Unlike standard home care services where the agency provides the patient with their own caregivers, with CDPAP, the consumer is responsible for finding a caregiver of their choice and coordinating scheduling on their own. Community Home Health Care is simply the fiscal intermediary.
Who is eligible to participate in CDPAP?
To participate in the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, the consumer must be:
- Eligible for Medicaid.
- Able to make informed decisions or have an advocate willing to make decisions about services provided.
- Eligible for long-term home care, certified home health agency services, AIDS home care, or personal care services.
What are the benefits of CDPAP?
The program enables independence and consumer empowerment by gaining more control over their personal care needs. A consumer can:
- Independently or with the assistance of an advocate, recruit, interview, train, schedule, supervise, and dismiss the Personal Assistant of their choice.
- Hire as many Personal Assistants as may be deemed necessary to satisfy the consumer’s needs, and as authorized by the service provider.
- Develop a direct working relationship with the Personal Assistant